Thursday, June 02, 2005

Morning Poem

I would have died a thousand deaths
to be within your arms again
I would have burnt upon the stake
to avoid this very fate -
yet here again I am my friend
no answers in my hand
and now the months go on and on
as if I've stalled and life has paused -

Each morning thoughts of you arise
its plain to see my pain -
And suddenly within my eyes
I see your face again -
The only question that comes forth
within my weary broken mind
is how a soul so warm and kind
could become so cold and blind -

And though the days go on and on -
for you I still seem to long -
I'll meet so many more in life
through brightest day and darkest strife
I thank the lord from high above
that gets me through the days
but always thank him for your love
that once in life you gave

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home