Beside the Lake
The Northern shore below the mount
has seen its share of history -
from war-born vessels on their tack
sailing towards victory -
Sails made way for steaming ships
Steamers went to Gas -
The Hackers and Chris Crafts emerged
'til they made way for Fiberglass -
So many memories of our youths
Collectively we all came through
We loved, We lived, We shed a tear
and some have even perished here -
So I sit here, where once before
this bench had held oh, so much more -
my love and comfort, and embrace -
which held your smiling, glowing face -
I want to make more memories
For this Lake holds half my heart -
And having you there once before
made something special, really start -
All of my fear, soon disappears -
and smiling I am calm of heart
for we have made our own stake
in love besides that lovely lake.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home